Saturday, 23 October 2010

Updates

Hey all. I really need to start updating this more regularly! I always think of things I'd like to post about but then when I dont have the time to write about it, I forget about it. Then it comes to times like now when I'm about to write something and I can't choose what to talk about! Oh the dilemma!


So I'm still out the hospital and still well and still really busy out and about doing things. I've been out nearly 3 months now and even managed my 2nd port flush! Which is a new record for me! I can feel myself getting a bit chesty now but I'm determined to make it past Halloween. I wanna party!!

Well anyway. So recently I've been thinking, what with everyone started uni and college, its made me want to do something with my life. Right now. Not wait till after transplant. Cause who knows how long that'll be or if it'll even happen. Problem is, that I wouldn't manage to hold down a course or job because I'd just struggle so much from having constant time off.
Then I had a brainwave; why don't I learn a new language?! I was always hopeless at french in school because I missed too much of the basics at the beginning and never had the help to catch up. But if I were to buy one of those help teaching CD's then I could learn it at my own pace and whatever language I wanted.

France is never a country I've wanted to go back to or could see myself travelling so I was thinking Spanish is more realistic? I think it's a nice sounding language. Very sexy! Ha! Maybe even charm a nice Spanish boy...

So anyway if I have the money when I get paid then I'm going to order a language pack, get my finger out and make something of the life I've got. Or maybe I'll sweet talk mummy into buying it :)

Anyone got any more ideas of what productive things I could do to fill my time? Bearing in mind I'm pretty lazy and have always needed someone standing behind me pushing me on with things. Or possibly someone to stand over me and tell me to keep going?

All suggestions and offers welcome!

2 comments (+add yours?)

Stuart Duffy said...

It needs to be creative and inspiring... you are at your core a focused and creative person and although language sounds good it can be tedious to jump into all in one go, it's better to learn phrases as you go . I have a few ideas and can discuss over a coffee but you need to buy it, I'm now officially poor!

Check out that brown building in the village, you know, the one with the funny name... lubrory, no, libbelette, no that's not it either... lib..rary, yes library! I'm sure your welcome :-)

Amarte siempre
Stu

Anonymous said...

Learn spanish or italian. Glorious :) then teach me please. This is Argyll by the way heheeee x

Post a Comment